Happy Friday! Time for another organizing idea for your weekend!
I've been helping clients declutter their clothing and I thought I'd share some tips to help you declutter your clothing this weekend!
It's the perfect time to do it because you're probably switching your seasonal wardrobe around now anyway. Don't store clothing for the next 6-8 months that you didn't wear this season. Or that you have extras of. Purge now! You can even purge some of the clothing for the coming season that you don't like or that doesn't fit or that you have extras of.
I've blogged about decluttering clothing a LOT already. It's such a common problem. Here are all my posts on decluttering clothing in case you missed them or would like a refresher:
Here are some other inspiring clothing declutting posts I've seen online.
- I read a post this morning from Redefined Mom about why we don't need to keep all those clothes in your closet that we don't wear. It's called Why I Am Wearing My Favorite Clothes Every Day.
- Have you heard of the 40 Hanger Closet? I love this post from Living Well Spending Less called The 40 Hanger Closet: How to Minimize Your Wardrobe for Maximum Style.
- Your goal may not be to have a minimalist wardrobe, but there are some great purging tips in Money Saving Mom's post 4 Tips for Having A Minimalist Wardrobe.
- Clothing is one of the biggest areas where we can get caught up in trends. But as trends change, we end up with clothing we don't wear. AKA clutter. Here's a great post from Organizing Life with Less to help you Avoid What You "Should" be Buying.
- If you declutter your clothing and would like to make a little money back, check out Is It Time To Clean Out Your Closet? from Organizing Made Fun for one way to do that.
So who's ready to purge some clothes this weekend? Put on some fun music and start with one closet or dresser or even drawer. Then implement some of these tips to declutter your clothing! If you're on a roll you can do more. Otherwise, just work away at it a bit at a time.
You can find lots of other decluttering tips on my Decluttering / Purging Tips & Ideas board on Pinterest.
If you've already decluttered your clothing, or if you'd just like additional ideas of what you can organize this weekend, there's a tab at the top of this page called Weekend Ideas. It has links to all my Organizing Ideas for the Weekend posts.
Are you overwhelmed with too much clothing? Which of these tips do you think will help you declutter the most? What clothing purging tips can you share with us?
Happy organizing and have a great weekend!
I link up at these great parties - Check them out!