Welcome to Day Thirteen of the 31 Days of Organizing Tips series! I'm so glad you've joined me. Throughout this series I'll be sharing organizing ideas that I've found around the web that I love and that will help you on your journey from overwhelmed to organized. You'll find a complete list of all the posts in the 31 Days of Organizing Tips tab above, or at the end of this post.
Are you getting overwhelmed with all the amazing ideas in all the various 31 Days series? I know I'm finding it hard to keep up with all the ones I want to follow. If you're finding that too, please know that I do not want to overwhelm you in any way with this series!! These tips will always be here and you can come back to them whenever you want to work on any of these organizing ideas. :) I'm making a plan to catch up with some of my favourite series in November!
OK, so on with this series! Today's tip is to help you organize your linen closet. Linen closets can often become a dumping ground for anything that doesn't have a home (you know... that place where you quickly put things when you're tidying before someone comes over!). So, as you organize your linen closet, think about what you want to store in it and what should be relocated to others places in your home. Here are some overall tips for your linen closet:
- De-clutter any items you haven't used in awhile (extra sheet sets, older towels, excess toiletry items, etc.).
- Take the opportunity to wipe down the shelves while they are empty. Closets don't get dirty as quickly as some areas of the house but they don't typically get cleaned as often either.
- Group like items together.
- For containers in the linen closet, some people use baskets for towels, wash cloths, etc. Others use shelf dividers to help keep stacks of towels from falling over. You can decide what will work best for your space and the size and depth of your shelves.
Here are some simple tips for keeping your linen closet organized:
1. Keep your sheet sets grouped together in a pillow case. This keeps all the pieces together so you're not rummaging around searching for missing pieces (and in my house that search would leave a messy pile behind!). This way looks pretty!
2. Use baskets to group like items together and have a more organized look and feel.
|Organizing the Linen Closet|
3. Group towels by colour or family member.
|Organized Linen Closet|
|Tweaking & Organizing the Linen Closet|
5. Here's a quick tutorial on how to fold your towels the same way a fancy hotel does.
|How to fold towels|
Please remember to pin from the original source for all these fantastic pictures! I'm happy to share them with you but I should not get credit for them :)
For Day Thirteen, organize your linen closet. If that sounds overwhelming, choose one of the tips from this post and do that in your linen closet (like put your sets of sheets into their pillowcases or roll your towels).
Tomorrow we'll continue looking at tips for organizing various spaces in your home.
And just a reminder that as the series progresses, I'll be sharing tips for various organizing challenges. Feel free to leave a comment with any particular areas you'd like me to cover. I look forward to going through this series with you and hearing your tips too!
What's the best organizing tip you've implemented?
Have a great day and happy organizing!
Here are all the posts in the series:
I link up at these great parties - Check them out!