This month I'm hosting the Decluttering From A To Z challenge. It's a fun way to help you declutter items in your home that you may not have thought of decluttering.
If you've missed any posts you can find them all here.
Today we're decluttering items that begin with the letter A! You can declutter anything you want that begins with A. I'll share some ideas and you can choose any of them that resonate with you, or declutter your own ideas that begin with A. Join in the decluttering fun!
Decluttering Ideas That Begin With The Letter A
Here are a few items or areas you may have in your home that you could declutter:
- Antique trunks
- Antique anything
- Already used things
- Ancient comforters
- Apple-themed decor
- Alcohol (stuff you know you'll never use... this isn't a free pass to drink all day LOL!)
- supplies/equipment related to Activities you or your family members no longer do
- Arm chairs
- stuffed Animals
- Artificial flowers
- Artificial anything
- your Attic
- an Alcove
- All the things in a specific category you no longer use
- Alumni magazines
- Anti-anything medications
- stuff you have an Abundance of
- things that aren't Awesome
- your Automobile
- Athletic equipment
- Athletic awards
- Audio-visual stuff
- and if none of those apply then just declutter Anything!
Find a few of these things that you no longer need, use, love, or have the space to store (that's the definition of clutter by the way!) and let them go.
What's Next For You?
Today is when the decluttering fun really starts! Jump in and start decluttering "A" items today! And then share what you decluttered (see options on that below).
Want more decluttering ideas, tips, and inspiration? Need some motivation and accountability to keep you going? Here are some ways to get the most out of this challenge:
1. Sign up to receive my blog posts in your email inbox. You'll get a new post every day this month with the latest Decluttering From A To Z post. Once the challenge is over, you'll receive an email whenever a new blog post is published (usually 1-2 times per week). I share decluttering tips and other organizing tips on the blog. You can unsubscribe at any time and I won't spam you. I promise.
2. Join the 365 Items in 365 Days decluttering challenge! The Decluttering From A To Z challenge is really a challenge within a challenge. You can start the 365 Items in 365 Days challenge at any time and declutter whatever you want. More details here. There are details in that post about our great Facebook group too.
3. Check out my 31 Days of Easy Decluttering series. This was my 31 Days series from 2 years ago and each post gives tips to declutter different items or areas of your home. If you're focusing on certain areas of your home this month some of the posts may help you out.
4. Follow my Decluttering/Organizing Tips & Ideas board on Pinterest. This is my most popular board and I share tips there frequently.
Share Your Decluttering Progress!
I hope these ideas will help you declutter today! Inspire all of us by sharing your decluttering pictures in any of these places:
- The 365 Items in 365 Days Facebook group (ask to join if you're not already a member)
- The From Overwhelmed To Organized Facebook page (there will be a new challenge post every day and you can share your pictures in the comments)
- On Pinterest, Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #DeclutteringFromAToZ
- In the comments section below
What are you decluttering today that begins with A? What A item is the hardest for you to let go of? What A things are the easiest to purge?
I link up at these great parties - Check them out!
Here are all the posts in this series!